If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
COVID-19 is technically labeled “Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2,” or “SARS-CoV-2” for short.
COVID-19 was first identified in the city of Wuhan, Hubei, China, and the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on January 30, 2020, and a pandemic on March 11, 2020.
– The Alpha variant was first detected in November 2020 from a sample taken in September 2020 in the United Kingdom.
– Beta was first detected in South Africa in October 2020.
– Gamma was first detected in Japan on January 6 in people who had visited Brazil just four days earlier. It was subsequently declared to be in circulation in Brazil.
– Delta – first detected in India in late 2020. The Delta variant was named on May 31.
– Epsilon was first detected in California in July 2020.
– Zeta was detected in Brazil before November of 2020.
– Eta was first detected in December 2020 in the UK in persons who had just traveled to Nigeria. It was subsequently declared to be in circulation in Nigeria.
– Theta was first identified in the Philippines in February of 2021.
– Iota was first detected in New York City in November of 2020.
– Kappa was first detected in India in December of 2020.
– Lambda was first detected in Peru in August of 2020.
– Mu was first detected in Colombia in January of 2021.
– Nu and Xi – The W.H.O. skipped these two letters of the Greek alphabet, as “Nu” is too easily confounded with “new,” and “Xi” is a common last name, particularly in China, where it is the name of Chinese President Xi Jinping.
– Omicron was first reported to the W.H.O. from South Africa on November 24.
SARS-CoV-2 is now on its thirteenth variation from the original, and there are probably many more variations yet to appear; it is still just a flu-like virus. Do NOT let the government, or the media, or any other entity fear monger you just because they have come up with a new variant of the flu. That is what all viruses do; they mutate in order to survive, yet in most cases, it is not something that is fatal to humans unless they are elderly, obese, in poor health, or have some other underlying condition.
We must always remember that 99+% of persons who have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 have recovered and did not die. We must also note that none of the current so-called vaccines will actually prevent you from contracting or spreading SARS-CoV-2.
While there are many people that demand that their government entities do something, we who affiliate with Libertarian ideology contend that each and every individual must assume responsibility for their own health and take whatever precautions that they deem appropriate, but no one, not even the federal government, has the authority to mandate that an individual have anything injected into their body, against their will. The choice as to whether or not to get any vaccine is strictly a personal choice.
More important than whether or not to get vaccinated, is that no matter what, we as Americans must never (and I mean NEVER) surrender any individual right or liberty as guaranteed to every U.S. citizen by our United States Constitution. Our government is a representative government, and as such, every politician works for YOU! They do not have the authority to tell you what you can or cannot do, outside of passing a law, that can only prohibit certain acts.
If there is no law of prohibition, then you are free to go about your business, without hindrance. And here is where we as Libertarians find fault with President Biden and many governors who have usurped power and authority that was not given to them by power of the office that they were elected to.
You do you. Parents, care for your children. But leave me alone so that I can exercise my own liberty and pursuit of happiness as I see best fit for me.