If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
From left are Alabama Farmers Federation President Jimmy Parnell, FarmPAC-endorsed candidate Gov. Kay Ivey, FarmPAC-endorsed candidate for U.S. Senate Katie Britt, and FarmPAC Chairman Steve Dunn of Conecuh County. Photo submitted
Special to the News
The Alabama Farmers Federation’s political action committee, FarmPAC, on Tuesday announced endorsements for the May 24, 2022, primary elections in statewide, Congressional and Alabama State Board of Education races. Legislative endorsements will be announced at a later date.
About 100 Federation leaders, including representatives for all 67 counties, gathered in Montgomery to hear from candidates and make endorsement recommendations.
Federation President Jimmy Parnell said the endorsements are the culmination of months of study and relationship building among the candidates and county farm organizations.
“These candidates have invested time in getting to know our county leaders,” Parnell said. “They’ve spent time on our farms and attended meetings where they heard about the issues and concerns important to Federation members. At the same time, our county leaders have studied the candidates and decided these individuals have the knowledge, experience and determination to help lead our state and nation in the right direction.”
Those endorsed by FarmPAC were:
- Katie Britt — U.S. Senate
• Jerry Carl — U.S. House of Representatives, District 1
• Barry Moore — U.S. House of Representatives, District 2
• Mike Rogers — U.S. House of Representatives, District 3
• Robert Aderholt — U.S. House of Representatives, District 4
• Dale Strong — U.S. House of Representatives, District 5
• Gary Palmer — U.S. House of Representatives, District 6
• Terri Sewell — U.S. House of Representatives, District 7
• Kay Ivey — Governor
• Will Ainsworth — Lieutenant Governor
• Steve Marshall — Attorney General
• Wes Allen — Secretary of State
• Young Boozer — Treasurer
• Rusty Glover — Auditor
• Rick Pate — Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries
• Greg Cook — Alabama Supreme Court, Place 5
• Kelli Wise — Alabama Supreme Court, Place 6
• Jeremy Oden — Public Service Commission, Place 1
• Chip Beeker — Public Service Commission, Place 2
• Tracie West — Alabama State Board of Education, District 2
• Yvette Richardson — Alabama State Board of Education, District 4
• Cynthia McCarty — Alabama State Board of Education, District 6
• Wayne Reynolds — Alabama State Board of Education, District 8
Endorsements approved at Tuesday’s meeting will carry through to the general election. FarmPAC Chairman Steve Dunn of Conecuh County said the Federation encourages voters to study the issues and candidates prior to the election.
“It’s important for Alabama voters to be engaged in the electoral process,” Dunn said. “We encourage members to exercise their right to vote, regardless of their political preference, and to consider these FarmPAC endorsements when they go to the polls.”